- Reasonably priced.
- Easy to find.
- Increases energy levels.
- No real weight loss results.
- No official website.
- Poor customer support.
- Missing some key ingredients.
- Manufacturer not transparent with all ingredients.
We pride ourselves with keeping abreast of the latest supplements on the market. We, therefore, had our eye on PhenELITE, the moment it hit the shelves.
So much was said about this ‘wonderful’ product and we could not wait to get it under our microscope in reviewing it.
So, what is PhenELITE?
PhenELITE is a belly-fat burner and dietary supplement sold on Amazon and many other places. It appears to be quite popular too.
Naturally, we were curious about the hullabaloo created by the product. This led us into wanting to establish whether PhenELITE was truly one of the best supplements in this category, on the market.
Our review of PhenELITE is therefore going to focus on all the important aspects of the supplement. We will carefully scrutinize its ingredients and dosage. Finally, we will try to ascertain from customer reviews whether or not the product lives up to its marketing hype.
What does PhenELITE do?
PhenELITE is a weight loss and appetite suppressing pill, touted to burn belly-fat and provide dietary supplements.
In the recent years, the health and fitness supplements industry has grown in leaps and bounds. As a result, very many products similar to PhenELITE have so flooded the market that right now selecting the best, is like finding a needle in a haystack.
According to its marketing information, PhenELITE’s approach is four-pronged:
- Naturally burns fat.
- Boosts metabolism
- Suppresses appetite
- Enhances/boosts energy
This is a good positive approach because the best supplements tend to work in multiple ways to achieve their ultimate goals.
PhenELITE manufacturers go further to guarantee that the product offers 100% satisfaction since it is made in a GMP & FDA certified lab. According to them, PhenELITE is committed to helping you live your healthiest life.
The test, they say, is in the pudding. Only the ingredients will give us an indication of whether PhenELITE lives up to its own hype or not.
Let’s, therefore, shift our attention to PhenELITE’s make-up.
What you need to know about the ingredients
Below is a picture of of PhenELITE’s actual ingredients label:
From this, it is clear that PhenELITE uses in its formula, nine main ingredients.
We are immediately blindsided by the fact that PhenELITE uses a proprietary blend.
This is when the manufacturer uses an overall ‘blend’ rather than individually listing the amount of each ingredient in a product’s formula.
The FDA requires a manufacturer to list all the ingredients of a product, together with their amounts (in terms of weight) on a label. If the ingredients are part of a proprietary blend, however, then only the total weight is listed, not that of the specific individual ingredient.
The big question is, are the manufacturers, in this case, using the proprietary blend to protect their ‘formula’ or do they just want to leave the consumer in the dark, about the quantities of ingredients they use?
The reality is, any lab or competitor can deduce the amount of active ingredients used, just from the list provided.
In a nutshell, we don’t like PhenELITE’s use of a proprietary blend, because it means that we can’t tell if each specific ingredient used is an overdose, under dose or just a filler.
It is a sign of good faith when manufacturers are transparent with their product formulas.
Anyway, we will still try to evaluate each of the nine main ingredients used in PhenELITE, to the best of our ability, without each specific ingredient’s quantity:
- Raspberry Ketones –synthetically prepared because it is too expensive to extract from the skin of raspberries, this is a relatively common ingredient in weight loss supplements. It is thought to increase metabolism. However, its effectiveness has not been documented, so, we don’t consider it effective (1).
- African Mango Extract –This is another common ingredient in lots of similar supplements. It is purported to enhance weight loss by suppressing appetite, preventing fat build-up and speeding up metabolism. Though popular in alternative medicine, scientific backing for its impressive abilities is lacking. We are therefore hesitant in labeling it an effective ingredient in the supplement (2).
- Acai Berry –This is said to have 5 impressive health benefits: Nutrient-dense with high fat and low sugar levels (keto diet’s heaven); rich in antioxidants; can boost brain function; may improve cholesterol levels; may have anti-cancer ingredients. Acai Berry has gained a lot of popularity in the recent past. Even though evidence supporting its amazing properties is limited, we will consider it a decent addition to the blend, because of its proven prowess in other health areas (3).
- Green Tea Extract –Green Tea Extract is common either as a hot drink or as an ingredient in many supplements. It comes scientifically backed up on its ability to boost weight loss by making the body more effective in burning up of calories. We thus consider this one of our favorite ingredients in PhenELITE. A great inclusion indeed (4)!
- Caffeine Anhydrous –This is another solid inclusion. Caffeine is a nervous system stimulant that boosts one’s energy levels. So effective is it, that many people use the highly concentrated caffeine anhydrous to stimulate weight loss. We will consider Caffeine another favorite ingredient in PhenELITE (5).
- Resveratrol –There have been lots of research using supplements containing this ingredient. Though results are not conclusive, the ingredient is thought to have a positive effect on blood fats, amongst other benefits. It occurs naturally in red grapes, peanuts and nuts. Resveratrol is however not a common ingredient in other weight loss supplements. As such, we remain on the fence concerning it (6).
- Grapefruit Powder –Though there is consensus that grapefruit powder packs a great anti-oxidant punch, little is said about its ability to boost metabolism hence weight loss. We are therefore hesitant in affirming its use here (7).
- Apple Cider Vinegar –This is a very common ingredient in weight loss supplements because there is a lot of hype linking consumption of Apple Cider Vinegar to weight loss. It’s thought that Apple Cider Vinegar helps in improving metabolism, reducing fat storage, burning fat and suppressing appetite. However, we still don’t find it golden (8).
- Kelp –this is a seaweed, growing in shallow salt water, and used in many recipes. It is not the most common ingredient in weight loss supplements, however. Few studies indicate that Kelp may contribute to weight loss and obesity management. More research is needed to make these findings conclusive – but, as things stand, we will leave it out of the key ingredients list for now (9).
Well, PhenELITE does contain some solid well-known products like Caffeine, Green Tea Extract, and Raspberry Ketones. The rest of the ingredients are vague. Because of this, we are unable to place PhenELITE the league of the very best supplements around.
There are many awesome ingredients that could have improved its rating, had they made their way into the ingredient list. These include:
- Green Coffee Bean Extract because of its high levels of Chlorogenic Acid.
- Glucomannan from the the root of the konjac plant. We are big fans of this dietary fiber.
- Black Pepper Extract which is found in most of the leading weight loss products
Are there any side effects?
Caffeine is one stimulant often overused in supplements like this. Common side-effects of caffeine pills include insomnia, rapid heartbeat, headache, gastric distress and acid reflux, diarrhea, dizziness and high blood pressure.
Because PhenELITE uses a proprietary blend, it’s hard to ascertain how much Caffeine is in each serving. The safety warning on the bottle only talks of an upset stomach for a small percentage of people from caffeine sensitivity.
Caffeine can be a key ingredient in helping you gain energy and enhance your metabolism. However, some people prefer to look for diet pills that don’t have caffeine in it.
It makes you wonder whether due to the omission of other symptoms the upset stomach could be caused by another one of its blend of ingredients.
Using too much apple cider vinegar, for example, is known to cause delayed stomach emptying and other digestive side effects like indigestion which leads to suppressed feeding.
Green tea side effects include stomach problems, vomiting, headaches, problems sleeping etc. Kelp may cause constipation and heartburn. So, you get our drift – while we know that too much of each of the ingredients can have side effects, not knowing how much of each is actually used in PhenELITE, leaves us in the dark.
The rule of thumb, therefore, is that you always take a close look at the ingredients label yourself to confirm you are not allergic to any of the substances used.
We also advise that you consult your doctor before taking any new supplement. Kelp for example, is not recommended for people with thyroid disorders because it has a high level of iodine, which may worsen thyroid problems.
How to take PhenELITE?
The directions on the bottle suggest taking one to two capsules per day before eating a meal.
Each PhenELITE bottle contains 60 capsules, which means one bottle will last you for a month if you go for the maximum recommended dose.
Directions given on the product information section on Amazon suggests you can actually lose 15+ lbs of stubborn fat fast with no diet and no exercise.
This is not good advice.
Healthy weight loss is not just about a ‘diet.’ Rather, it is a lifestyle that takes control of daily eating and exercise habits.
Many health experts advise losing weight gradually for it to stay off. Sheds off pounds too fast may, in fact, mean you are losing water, bone and muscle – instead of fat. It is good to question products with deals or promises that sound too sweet.
Finally, PhenELITE’s recommended dose seems to be a little on the light side. That’s because the best products on the market tend to use more than two servings per day. The kindles hope that your body is constantly being supplied with the necessary ingredients.
We’d have preferred it if PhenELITE had more regular servings throughout the day, instead of just one.
What are customers saying?
Below is PhenELITE’s parting shot on Amazon:
“Do you want to lose 15+ lbs of stubborn fast – with NO diet and no exercise? Are you feeling sluggish and un-motivated in your weight-loss plan? Are you suck and tired of wasting your money on diet pills that don’t work? Are you looking for an effective, yet fast, holistic weight loss formula, recommended by doctors? Do you want to lose more weight in 6 weeks, then you did all last year? Each bottle contains 60 capsules (30-day supply). Just take 2 capsules, once daily with 8 oz. water, and let PhenELITE do the rest!”
We sort to find out from users, whether the product actually ‘walks the talk,’ or it just made empty promises. For the record, there are thousands of PhenELITE reviews on Amazon. The product had an average rating of 3.1 out of 5 stars when we last checked.
Many people hailed the free trial, many more attested to the fact that they lost weight, had suppressed appetites, got a boost of energy and a few were even a tad impatient with people saying anything negative.
Sample these 2 reviews from verified purchasers:
‘These pills really do work. I was losing weight while eating like crap. Not what I was supposed to do I get it but now that I’m working out and watching what I eat I’m losing more weight. Gives you just enough energy to not make you feel jittery and definitely suppresses your appetite. Shortly after receiving this I was sent a free trial bottle as well and that made my day!’
‘This product is excellent and I like the fact that it is natural. I find that the product gives you that extra energy boost needed without harmful side effects. I received a free trial bottle of this product in return for writing a review.’
It is inevitable, however, that there would be a few negative reviews as well. Find again 2 reviews from verified purchasers:
‘Unsure. This product works like a detox. I have not been able to take this as directed unless I want to keep running to the bathroom at work. No change in energy. I will have to rate this when I get a chance to take for at least 2 weeks straight’
‘Haven’t lost any weight. However, It does give you the energy to get you through a 10 hour shift plus the gym afterwards. So in that aspect, it helps. No jitters like normal caffeine pills. Do as the directions say!’
Is this the best supplement?
Not in our humble opinion. Though PhenELITE does contain a few good ingredients using a proprietary blend and is missing some key ingredients in its makeup, let it down big time.
It’s a shame too that it’s only taken once a day. A consistent, shorter interval introduction into the body would probably make the supplement more effective.
Anything else to consider?
We believe there is no such thing as a ‘magic fat burning pill.’ Too many people are searching for that one supplement they will take and voila! pounds will be shed off. Many manufacturers try to cash in on this.
PhenELITE’s demonstration of ‘helping you live your healthiest life’ by eating anything, not exercising but wiping away weight, just like that, is a little off. Besides, why would they entice you to write a review?
Healthy weight loss requires physically training hard and eating right consistently before expecting to see any noticeable results that last. A supplement is supposed to be the final piece in a jigsaw puzzle of your weight loss journey – after your diet and exercise.
Therefore, if you are training hard and eating right, finding a quality supplement that will support your goals will be quite rewarding.
Review conclusion – our final thoughts
So, to wraps our PhenELITE review, we will leave you these final thoughts
This supplement has some good ingredients in its proprietary blend leaves us in the dark on the combination quantities of the ingredients users will consume.
It missed out on some tested and tried popular ingredients. Why go way out to only re-invent the wheel? The once-a-day serving may not be enough to introduce the active ingredients consistently into the body.
The bottom line is that better options exist in the market right now. That is our humble opinion.